Products and issues: Small company was heavily dependent on referred accident work from insurance companies who consistently required lower and lower rates per hour whilst at the same time wanting higher levels of service for their customers. Margins were decreasing and only solution was more volume at lower prices.
Background: Individual had been in the business for many years, running a small company was highly experienced and provided quality workmanship but it was not a large company so volume throughput was limited, being driven down year after year on prices.
Problem: To develop new business away from the Insurance companies and to raise the hourly rate so as to become profitable.
Solution: We were called in to help create a new marketing drive for the company to move away from the Insurance companies and develop business at higher margin.
- Redid the web site, updating it and positioning it as a friendly supportive face at a difficult time. Clearly explaining the services and support the company gave those who were in the unfortunate situation of a damaged vehicle.
- Created a campaign with leaflets in the local press to let people know that the company could offer individuals the same level of care as an Insurance company such as Courtesy car, claims handling etc.
- Created a Google Adwords campaign to develop business in the Classic Car market place at nearly double the labour rate offered by Insurance companies
- Went from volume work to detailed bespoke quality work done for individuals.
- Launched a campaign to ensure ALL previous customers who had used the company stayed loyal & brought their families vehicles back to be repaired.
Results: Company in 2013 made a significant profit and each month more and more people bring their cars and their families cars back to be repaired. In addition each month sees, Aston Martins, Ferraris and other Classic cars being renovated & refurbished. 2014 has had a good start with a busy forward order book of classic car rebuilds.